Thursday, June 30, 2011

A challenging and great second storey addition


When I saw the existing conditions of this 1980s cottage in Penetanguishene, I thought the second storey addition over it wouldn’t be possible, the existing roof lines didn't allow me to envision the addition. I knew I was up for a challenge. After measuring the existing structures, and chatting with the owners, and understanding their vision, something clicked. I headed back to my drafting table back in the city, and started working right away…and not only it ended looking great, but also given the client a new larger and open concept kitchen and dining. The second floor accommodates a new master bedroom overlooking the lake, with large closet space and ensuite... The owners are both boat aficionado that is where the windows inspiration came from....Clients loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment